Friday, December 17, 2010

The Baking Begins

This summer when Dave found my Irish Blessing plate, he also found cookie stamps that once belonged to his Mom.  I knew that when he found them, I would make sure  I baked a batch of cookies using those stamps.
Although I never met Dave's Mom, he has told me that she loved Christmas and loved baking and cooking for the holiday.  I think she really just loved taking care of her only child and son. 
So in honor of her Swedish heritage and my children's love of shortbread, I decided to make the shortbread using the recipe that came in the accompanying book...  
 
I prepared the cookies as directed and used the sheaf of wheat stamp.  Isn't it funny how a 35 year old box of cookie stamps can conjur up so many memories from the past and establish new ones at the same time?
I hope your night is filled with magic and memories also :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...