Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What Did I Do Today?

Inspired by Rhonda at Down to Earth, I decided to write about just exactly I did today.  I woke up at 4:30 AM, made a fresh pot of coffee, ate a couple of waffles and then enjoyed reading my blogs.  At 5:30 AM, Dave was up and reminded me that his friend was coming over today at noon for a visit.  So at 6:00 AM, I did a major house cleaning - dishes, sweep/dust/mop, washed the windows (have to get doggie nose prints off the windows now don't I :), bathroom, etc.
At 7:00 AM I got ready for work and at 7:40 AM I left for work.  By noon, I had enough and decided to leave at 2:30.  Off at 2:30 I was.  I went to a local shoe store and bought myself a pair of Birkenstocks.  I had just thrown out my last pair (lasted me two wonderful years), I also bought a quilt for my Mom for Mother's Day :)...
and a 1,000 piece puzzle that will keep me busy for days this summer...
I returned home, swept again, enjoyed the United Church of Christ's monthly spaghetti dinner, switched out my rug for summer (I love bright colors)...
and checked on this little man right here...
He is doing wonderfully, by the way :)
At 7:00 PM I am taking my puppies for their nightly walk, visiting with my son DJ, playing Words with Friends and Scramble with friends and family, and then packing my bags because I have a extremely busy day ahead of me tomorrow.  I am off to see my daughter for a nice long weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. And at 6:00pm today you arrived in Rock Hill, SC! So very happy you are here for a fun filled weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...