Saturday, March 16, 2013

Longing for Spring

There is nothing I would like more than to be able to enjoy a warm Spring day.  I would throw open all the windows, wash the walls, hang my sheets out to dry, pick up fallen branches and get my hands dirty gardening.  I have yet to see a robin or red wing blackbird.  I miss the sounds and the colors of Spring. 
 i

So while I wait, I have decided to bring the colors and scents of Spring into my home.  A forsythia wreath adorns my entertainment center, my ironstone pitcher contains a bouquet of Spring flowers, a honeysuckle candle burns and my cut glass candy dish is full of colorful jellybeans (ready for eating :)  I will enjoy Spring on the inside, even if it is cold and gloomy outside.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...