Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Weekend

Yesterday brought another round of outstanding fall weather.  It also brought with it, my first cold of the year.  Regardless of the cold, I enjoyed myself thoroughly.  I bought my mom a new to her sofa because she will be moving into her own apartment the first of November.  This will be both exciting and scary for her.  We are focusing on the exciting aspects of it.
The sun was shining and the temperature a unseasonal 73 degrees (perfect if you ask me :).
I mowed the lawn...
Enjoyed my pumpkins...
Walked through the woods...
 and stopped every once in awhile to enjoy the scenery...
because everything is just so beautiful...
a few of my pets enjoyed it too..
Yes, Smudge does go for walks with me!!!

My baby girl - Violet :)
I went on a jaunt with Dave to an alpaca farm...
We had so much fun.
I got some wonderful decorating ideas...
and we got to see these wonderful creatures...
Aren't they absolutely adorable?
This is a mother and her baby...
So very, very peaceful.
Today it is raining.  I have put my crock pots to good use - one has chili in it, the other has apples cooking down for homemade apple sauce.  My house smells heavenly (so the guys tell me :).  My fledgling cold has manifested itself into a nasty villain.  Such is life.  I hope your weekend was good also.  Have a great night.

4 comments:

  1. Such lovely photos.. I love the decorating idea and the farm trip sounds like fun..
    Have a great weekend.. Such a lovely Fall, eh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to take photos and this fall has presented itself with many wonderful opportunities to do so. Thank you for your kind comments :)

      Delete
  2. It doesn't get much better than Upstate NY in the Fall. Beautiful pictures, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wholeheartedly agree Nan. Thanks for the compliment regarding the pics :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...