Tuesday, December 3, 2013

This and That

I have been extremely busy this past month.  I helped my Mom move into her new apartment.  She loves it by the way :)  Here is a picture of her talking on the horn to my daughter!!!  Looks right at home doesn't she?
Her whole apartment has been furnished (quite lovely I might add) with second hand furniture.  Don't let anybody ever tell you to not buy second hand.  You will save a lot of money and I am always surprised at what people want to get rid of.  Just look at the couch - $150.00.  Can't beat that with a stick now can you?
My Mom loves roosters, so her kitchen has a rooster theme going on.
Her bed is adorned with a quilt I bought her a long time ago.  It's very cheerful.
I actually gave it to her in this star basket all those years ago (before stars became popular).  
And here is her little tabletop Christmas tree just waiting to be decorated.  
A good friend (that I am very blessed to have) gave me the tree skirt.  How adorable is that?
We're all getting excited for Christmas!!!
I've begun to decorate around the house too!!!
My Christmas wreath is up and I placed a thin tree in my bedroom that I have wrapped in ribbon.  It is so pretty.
My woodland Santa is a new addition this year and he greets us as we set at the table and eat.  I love his kind face, his full beard and the fact that a chickadee rests atop his walking stick.  He's my kind of guy!!!
And let's not forget the snowman that my same good friend gave me.  He sets next to my chair and reminds me what Christmas is all about - believing.
To the Christmas season!!!
May the spirit of it reside in all of you.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...