Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lady Brownies

Brownies have been, and always will be, my favorite sweet treat. I remember coming home from school when I was a little girl and baking brownies for my sister, brother and me. Sometimes chocolate, sometimes blond. Always from scratch.

I baked them using a recipe from my Mom's recipe box. They were good and everyone enjoyed them. However, they were not as good as Paula Deen's Lady Brownies. I swear these are the best brownies I have ever eaten and they are so easy to make.

Here's the receipe.

Preheat oven to 325.
In a large bowl, combine:

2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
6 tablespoons cocoa (I use heaping, and I mean heaping)
1 teaspoon vanilla

add 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour and mix thoroughly.


Spread into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking plate. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes.


When done, cool, cut, and enjoy with a glass of milk...


and one of your favorite dogs staring you down:)

because everyone wants Paula Deen's Lady Brownies.
However, it is imperative that you do not succumb to your pet's wishes as chocolate is a No No in a dog's diet.
They don't have to be deprived, just eat your brownie, pat them on the head, praise them, and give them a doggie biscuit.
It is a win/win situation :)

2 comments:

  1. You may not have to succumb to Violet's wishes, but you may have to succumb to your daughter's: bring some browinies out to her college!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made lasagna, texas toast, a banana cream pie, and a salad for dinner tonight!!! Too bad, so sad, you don't live at home :O love you:) Mom

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...