Saturday, March 27, 2010

Road Trip

Dave and I had pancakes last night. Only I didn't make them. We went on a road trip to Allegheny County and ate at Cartwright's Maple Tree Inn. It was such a nice night out and given the fact that the Inn is only open from February to April, I thought we should go. So we did.

The Inn is in the middle of nowhere. (Actually I grew up very, very close to there). I love it. It is RURAL. However, people drive long distances just to enjoy its ambiance.


And, of course, the best ALL YOU CAN EAT buckwheat pancakes around. Dave enjoyed sausagewith his. I had eggs sunnyside up with mine.
It is charming. It is like going back to the 1960s. They refill your coffee quickly...
and sell real maple syrup...
The drive there is filled with beautiful scenery...
and wildlife...
That is a field of over 30 turkeys (and there were more over the knoll).
If you get the chance, leave the grocery store syrup at the store.
You never know what's in it...
MMMHHHHMMM :)
Make the drive. You won't regret it. I know we didn't.
Have a good day.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the eggs were whipped cream haha!
    I want to visit there before their season ends.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...