Sunday, March 13, 2011

Banana Nut Bread

This Sunday morning my family and I enjoyed some homemade banana nut bread that I made using overripe bananas.  The aroma of the bread throughout the house was almost as wonderful as the bread itself.
As I prepared it, I thought about the people in Japan that have been devastated by the earthquake, tsunami and fallout associated with the nuclear power plant meltdown, and I realized how lucky we are.  Sure, we may complain about snow, mud, wind  and rain, but these are nothing compared to what they have gone through.  So many people have been killed, their homes and belongings taken from them in the blink of an eye.  And I complain about the snow?  Puts everything in perspective doesn't it?  I then said a prayer for everyone affected and made sure that I savored every bite of the bread that I prepared in my own little home while snow lightly fell from the sky.  
The recipe is listed under my recipes tab.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...