Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Weekend

We experienced a January thaw this weekend.  I must admit I loved it.  Most of the snow pack is gone.  There is, however, ice on both the ponds.  My spike plant is still alive :)  Whodathunk?
 
I took Snoop and Violet for several walks.  I have to be careful with Snoop though.  He hurt his right knee right before Christmas and it still hurts him so he moves a little slower.  He will be getting an ibuprofen tonight.
 
Violet, on the other hand, is her rambunctious self - rolling in whatever smells nasty.  She will be getting a bath tonight.
 
Isn't nature beautiful?
 
In the kitchen I prepared some special meals...
 
for my Mom (who I had not seen since Thanksgiving).  She unfortunately came down with a terrible case of the flu at Christmas and it lasted into New Year's Day.  She feels better now though :)
 
and this punk right here who returned to college today.  It was great having him home :)
 
I tried a new recipe - chicken and wild rice casserole.  I wasn't totally sold on it though.  I think I would have liked it better without the five cups of chicken, four cups of cheese and one cup of sour cream.  It was just a little too far over the top for my taste.  Everyone else loved it though.
 
At DJ's request, I made my pumpkin bread.  He wanted to take a loaf back to college :)
 
I also made sure that I fed my feathered friends...
Because good old Mother Nature will be returning tomorrow...
with temperatures that are normal.
Almost 30 degrees below what we experienced today.
I hope you stay warm this week.
Have a great night :)

2 comments:

  1. Super jealous DJ had pumpkin bread to take home with him. Great picture of Gramma and Violet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will make two loaves for you next time I visit :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...