Monday, January 21, 2013

The Weekend

My weekend was a particularly busy one (just the way I like it :).  Friday night I went and watched the "Player of the Week" - my nephew Daniel - play basketball.  Let me just say this - the boy has got some talent :)  He did this behind the back thing (passing the ball) to his best friend Joe and my sister and I were like, "That's what we're talking about!!!  That boy has got game :)"
I did some thrifting and bought some plates that are just plain happy.
I played house.  Did you ever play house when you were a kid?  I always did.  Other kids would play school or dress up.  I played house and when I went shopping with my Mom, I would spend my time looking at baby clothes :)
I bought fresh flowers because I think they just add so much to the house.  You can get them pretty cheap too.
Roses and polka dot plants were my plants of choice this weekend.  The roses are on my dining room table and I placed the polka dot plants in an old lazy Susan canister set that I had in my barn.  It was filthy, but I cleaned it up, placed potting soil in it, put the plants in it and made myself a terrarium.  Actually, four little terrariums :)
Although I didn't bake this weekend, I did buy a chocolate peanut butter cream pie from Wegmans.  It was delicious (as you can see from the picture below :)!!!
While we watched the Presidential inauguration today, we enjoyed homemade bean soup and clementines.
Now, if you will excuse me I have to prepare supper (baked chicken and roasted vegetables) while my two dogs enjoy the high life :)

Have a wonderful night.
Temperatures here tomorrow will be in the single digits.
Stay warm and safe :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy you enjoyed the weekend. Wish I was home to spend some with you all!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...