Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Weekend Recap

On Good Friday DJ and I traveled to sunny South Carolina...
 
to visit my daughter and her boyfriend and celebrate Easter with them...
Their apartment is lovely.  I think it is very organic...
I cannot forget to mention the real reason I was there...
To visit my grand doggies - Miley and Jenna :)
And to experience some warm weather.  It was actually almost 70 degrees on Saturday.
That, of course, is the perfect temperature for golfing according to DJ. 
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah  DJ :)
While DJ and Mike golfed, Nana and I visited a cupcake shop that won Cupcake Wars on the Food Network. 
It is absolutely adorable...
and the cupcakes are delicious.
I had the coconut cupcake.
Yummy!!!
Isn't that cake beautiful?
Nana and I also helped out at an Easter egg hunt :)
Spent three hours at Ikea (which is definitely not enough).  I had never been there before and just let me say - OMG.  I just may hide away there next time and live there for the weekend.  It is absolutely amazing!!!  I could definitely spend the whole day there and I am not sure I would see everything.
Very Swedish...
and prices are more than affordable...
On Sunday, we went to church, enjoyed Easter dinner and, of course, 
mowed down the candy :)
Today, DJ and I returned home to temperatures that were 30 degrees lower and snow.
More importantly though, we returned home :)

3 comments:

  1. Had one of the most fun weekends that I've had in a long time! Packed full of fun things. Thanks for taking the trip down :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexandra, your apartment is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...