Thursday, April 10, 2014

A Much Needed Break

I went and visited my daughter this past weekend.  I must say it was wonderful.  I flew in on Friday and returned home Monday.  Some may say that it was a whirlwind vacation, I say it was perfect.
There were happy faces...

sunshine and long walks...

We went shopping - four pairs of shoes for my daughter and a skull print scarf for me.  I know... but I LOVE it!!!
We ate great food and drank wonderful wine...
and thoroughly enjoyed the flowering trees...

On Sunday, we traveled to Charleston, SC.  This was my very first time there and I so grateful that I experienced it with my daughter.  We at the  Hominy Grill - which is absolutely charming by the way :) 

They make a pretty mean bloody mary...
and shrimp and grits too...
After we ate, we went to the Angel Tree on Johns Island.  What a treat that was.  The tree is over 400 years old and magnificent. 
However, my favorite thing about the trip was spending time with my daughter.
Nothing can beat time spent with my kids.   Nothing at all.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...