Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day Images and Some Thoughts

I love Memorial Day weekend.  I really do.  It is the official start of summer in my area and I so look forward to it.  More often than not, I go to my local parade.
There are horses...
Old cars and men throwing candy...
Members of the community displaying their patriotism...
My favorite - dogs...
Is she not the most adorable dog you have ever seen?
She was not only dressed for the occasion, but she smiled through the entire parade!!!
Such a sweetheart :)
And who doesn't love a guy on his tractor?
I know I do...
Let's not forget the real reason that we are there.  For if it were not for the men and women that serve our country, all of the wonderful things we have (life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness to name a few) would just be a mere thought. 
So to all the veterans and their families (wives, husbands, sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins), my family thanks you...
for the sacrifices you have made.
For the good of us all.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, great pictures. Thanks to all those who have made a sacrifice for our nation.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...