Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Little Christmas Tree and a Happy Birthday

OK, maybe the tree is not so little. It is beautiful though. It holds ornaments that I have collected for the past 20+ years. Both handmade and bought.

My star for instance is handmade (cardboard and tin foil - more than 20 years old). I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Hallmark ornaments containing baby pictures of my kids...





A Westie ornament in memory of my beloved Teddy. DJ put him up high so he could watch over us...


A star Dave picked up in Kentucky...


A Yankee ornament, of course...



A handmade angel by my best friend and another Yankee fan, Jan.


Today would have been Jan's 56th birthday. Happy birthday Jannie. I miss you every day.
And last, but certainly not least, my two skaters that will be put on the tree on December 21st when my daughter comes home. Even DJ won't put his up until she is here.

We can't wait:)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jan ♥
    Mom, I love this blog, I sincerely look forward to it everyday. The tree looks fabulous, especially with the roasting fire right nex to it. Thank you for saving my skater girl, I cannot wait to put it up on Monday :)
    I love you,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hejsan !!,We're all assembled and admiring your posting;
    Spent alot of time cleaning up my side of the deal.
    The fudge is suuperb!

    Papi John

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...