Saturday, January 8, 2011

Back to College

My world traveler (pictured here with her brother) returned to college today.  Although I get grumpy, I am actually very sad.  You see, I miss her.  She's fun, nice and I not only love her, but I also like her.  We all  miss her.  If anyone tells you it gets easier saying good bye to your kids the older they get, they are just plain lying.  It doesn't.
This is Nana's last semester at college.  She graduates in May.  It's all bittersweet.  She's going to be staying in her best com padre's room this semester.  The best com padre (who Nana is going to miss soooooooooo much) will be leaving shortly to study abroad.  Lucky bum :)
So we took things up and brought things home today, I took pictures and we went out to lunch. 
Here are a few pictures of the dorm...
I think that the saying, "Live, Laugh, Love" are very appropriate. 
However, I would add two more words - be happy :)
Love you Nan.  Enjoy school.  Make sure you eat right.  Say Hi to Hayley for me :)  I will see you soon.
Just so you know, I am feeling a little better - got my hair cut, came home, put on my dog pajama pants, a black sweatshirt, my new slippers and am enjoying a cup of tea.
The only thing that would be make it better was if my house was clean ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hey mom :) what a very nice posting and I'm loving Pinocchio playing in the background. Thanks for helping me move out here yesterday, it's looking a lot more put together today {and not messy =p}. Hayley says "hi and that was bittersweet." Alright, bye for now, love you lots.
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...