Monday, January 17, 2011

To the Dog Show We Go!!!

My three favorite things are babies, dogs, and daisies.  Let's make it five things.  Let's add sunshine and blue skies to the list.  Well yesterday, I had at least four of them - sunshine, blue skies, babies and dogs.  You know what, I probably had all five - there had to be a dog named Daisy at the event;)  After all, there was a Truman and a Noble.  Chances are, there was a Daisy.  I even added sprinkles to my ice cream - my Mom and daughter were right there with me :) We walked in and immediately my daughter spotted her favorite dog - the Old English Sheep Dog.
In the ring, directly in front of that photo was an English Setter.  Reminded my Mom and me of one of the dogs we had when I was growing up - Lucky.  My Mom loved that dog. 
It was a sign.  We were going to have fun.  And, fun we did have :)
There were Shetland Sheep Dogs and King Charles Spaniels...
There were Bloodhounds with heads so big that their nose wouldn't fit in the picture (but I got the jowls:)...
Great Pyrenees and Poodles...
Bulldogs - big and small.
I need to get you out of there Puppy so we can play!!!
There were really big dogs, too.
There was a Great Dane with the most beautiful color coat that I have ever seen.
I cannot remember the name of this breed, but he was a real sweetheart.  Just check out his tongue if you question that :)
Let me introduce, Truman the Boxer and Noble the Westie.  Two of my favorites at today's show.  Truman's owner was a cute, bright little boy who loved his dog very much.  I hope he did well showing.  And Noble reminded me of my beloved, Teddy :)  Actually, brought a tear to my eye.
Then, there was this one that reminded me of my sister's dog, Pepper Ann.
It is a German Shepard...
There was this sweet Basset who I just could not get a good picture of (even though I pet him and talked to him in my sweetest puppy voice). 
So, I left.   And, he turned his head a looked at me like, "Where you going?"
I think he is definitely worthy of three photos :) 
 Almost...
Big or little...
Attitude...
or just plain cute...
Dogs have enriched my family's life in so many ways.  They did not disappoint today.  We left the show with smiles on our faces and hair on our clothes :)
As it is.
As it always shall be.
Enjoy your day!!!

3 comments:

  1. I had an awesome time with you guys :) and what about Mighty Taco!? another fantastic accent to our day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Angel and Alexandra :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...