Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Little Bit of Christmas

Although I do not have my Christmas tree decorated or in the house, I do at least have it.  There were some extenuating circumstances that prevented me from doing both.  The Buffalo Bills to be exact.   Although they probably have no chance at even a wild card seat, we are loyal fans and love the Bills - winning or not.
I did manage to get the house spick and span clean and made sure that I at least got most of the pre-Christmas decor up.
There are two people in my house today that I haven't seen for a year - Santa and his elf :)
Aren't they cute?
I am so glad to see them.
My sun porch is decorated with beautiful poinsettias...
 
pine cones...
snowmen...
and cherished family photos :)
I have made sure my other family members (Snoop and Violet) have their dog biscuits attractively displayed.  I actually bought the bear cookie jar at a Wyoming County SPCA Christmas fund raiser many, many years ago.  It has seen better days, but I cannot and will not get rid of it.  
I have incorporated different types of fabrics into my decor.   I purchased the striped pillows at Big Lots and purchased the crocheted pillow at Volunteers of America several years ago.  I use the crocheted pillow year round, but I think it looks especially pretty at Christmas as the pattern reminds me of snowflakes :)
I love it when my house feels warm and cozy and I love that my kids appreciate the season.
Now, if you will excuse me, I am going to sit by the wood stove, admire my candles and vintage tablecloth and reflect on what this season means to me.
Have a wonderful night :)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...