Monday, June 18, 2012

A New Hiking Trail

You know I love to hike.  I hike all the time.  If I'm not cleaning the house or preparing food, you will find me outdoors on the trails.  In addition to my hikes through my woods with the dogs, I hike to the airplane field almost every single day.  It is good for me - both physically and mentally.
Sometimes, however, I get a little bored with the same old, same old.  Last night that was true.  I was out the door heading up the hill when I looked back and saw Violet's sad little face watching me through the glass front door.  So I turned around, walked back to her and said, "Violet, do you want to go for a ride and a walk?"  I swear she said, "Yes!!!"
I said, "Come on, then.  Let's get your brother (DJ) and go!!!"
Tail wagging (Violet's that is :), off we went - to Sandy Bottom Beach.
I love it there.
It is beautiful.
Look at the cute couple holding hands...
I don't know who they are, but I snapped the photo anyway :)
We walked along the trail which looks back at the lake...
through wetlands...
down a new trail to this...
a newly acquired parcel of land purchased by my town...
mowed trails surround the acreage making walking very enjoyable.
We stopped to rest...
and enjoy the daisies...
and the creek...
While Violet enjoyed the bunnies...
both little...
and big...
DJ and I were most amused by the woodchucks.  There were quite a few there.  I wanted to get an estimate of just how many were there so, I asked DJ to whistle.  Thinking if was for Violet (who was standing right next to him), he asked, "Why?"
I said, "Just do it."
He whistled and up popped five or six chucks scattered across the field.  DJ had never seen that before and we got a good laugh out of it.
Adventure awaits.  Now get out there, go exploring and experience something new.  It's all good :)

1 comment:

  1. That picture of DJ and Violet is one of my most favorite of both of them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...