Sunday, July 1, 2012

Pumpkin Cookies

I made pumpkin bars for a couple of birthdays we were celebrating in my office this week and had some extra pumpkin (a little more than a cup) that needed to be used up.  I never buy the small cans of pumpkin; only large.  Usually, I make pumpkin bread with the extra.  This time, however, I wanted to try something different.  Pumpkin cookies it was.
I perused one of my favorite cookbooks, Betty Crocker's Cookbook, New and Revised Edition, that was given to me by my dear friend, Pat and found just the recipe I was looking for.  Frosted with a light brown glaze, they are perfect for either a morning snack or a picnic lunch with friends.  Next time I make them, I am going to add craisins and chocolate chips.  Sounds good, doesn't it?   If interested in recipe, please check under my recipe tab.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great recipe. I just love pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may even try replacing the shortening with applesauce next time to cut down on fat content.

      Delete
  2. You will have to make these again when you come visit me in the Fall!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...