Sunday, September 16, 2012

Finger Lakes Fiber Arts Festival

Dave and I went to the Finger Lakes Fiber Arts Festival yesterday afternoon.  It was a perfect afternoon - temperatures were in the  mid 60s, it was sunny and just cool enough so that you could wear a sweater or sweatshirt.  I honestly think this may be my favorite fall festival.  There you will find animals (llamas, sheep, herding dogs) local guilds, demonstrations, vendors selling yarns, wools, quilts, soaps, food and if you signed up early enough, you can can even take a class.
Dave and I really enjoyed watching this man shear a sheep.
I'm going going back today because I enjoyed it so much (and I really want to make this shawl :)
They even have plants for sale.
If you get the chance, I recommend going.  We found it very interesting.  They are a very creative bunch.
Go forth and create.
Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. How fun and beautiful it is that something like this is so close to home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd love it Nan. Very, very interesting :) Mom went there with me today. She loved it too.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...