Sunday, September 30, 2012

To the Pumpkin Patch We Go

I decided yesterday it was time for me and my helper (Violet) to get some pumpkins.  I wanted to make sure Violet was presentable so I gave her a haircut bright and early yesterday morning :)
I got all my housework done (laundry, sweep/dust/mop, vacuum, the dreaded bathroom) and before I knew it, it was afternoon.  While Snoop enjoyed basking in the sun that appeared intermittently throughout the day...
Violet went chipmunk hunting.  (She's just a tomboy at heart :)  Irregardless, that girl does like to visit and shop, so off we went...
Look at those stickets in her fur!!!
Over the hill and over the crick to the pumpkin patch we went...
There were so many wonderful pumpkins to choose from that I ended up buying six!!! And, I only spent $10.  Can I hear a YeeeHaa!!!
Those are my six pumpkins in front :)
The place was quite busy.  In addition to Violet and me, there was a grandmother with her four grandsons (I am guessing they were between three and six years old) and another mother with her teenage daughters there enjoying themselves.  The boys were typical boys (running, rough housing, laughing, being loud), but when they saw Violet, they became quiet, kind and gentle and Violet let them pet her :)
She's such a good girl :)
I returned home, mowed my lawn and decorated outside with my pumpkins.
Three were placed in my old rusty red wagon...
The other three were placed in the flower bed in front of my house amongst the mums...
Transforming the familiar into something whimsical and enchanting...
All because Violet and I decided to go to the pumpkin patch one Saturday afternoon.
I hope your day is filled with magic :)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...