Sunday, September 23, 2012

On the First Day of Fall

Yesterday was the official start of Autumn.  I know I have said it before, but it warrants reiteration - I LOVE Fall!!!
It was a typical autumn day for western New York - a little bit of rain and a little bit of sun, not too cold, not too warm :)  There was, however, a little bit of a breeze that just happened to knock down power lines and leave my household without power for approximately four hours yesterday afternoon!!!  I was fine with it though, I decided to paint my kitchen with some leftover paint I had (Olympic Belgian Waffle in a satin finish).
I washed walls, patched holes and then began the process of painting.  It took three coats, but I am very, very happy with the end result and the fact that I spent no money.  Well, except for the new valances, but I bought them last week (so it doesn't count in my book :)
It pulls my house together and makes it look bigger.  I rearranged a little.  I am going for the less is more look.
I brought my $5.00 wooden box in from the barn, cleaned it and put my favorite cookbooks in it.  I really like the way it turned out.  I also like the fact that it hides my ugly telephone jack and electrical outlet.  My rooster is pretty cute too :)
Can you tell these get used A LOT?
I decorated a little too - brought out my gourds and my pumpkin table runner.
And then I sat down with the boys, ate a couple of slices of pepperoni/sausage pizza, had a beer and watched the Buffalo Bills beat the Cleveland Browns in Cleveland!!!  I love the Bills too (no matter how they play :)
As for my dog, Snoop, he was unimpressed.
He decided getting some rays was more important:)
Have a great night :)

1 comment:

  1. The house is lookin' good. Time for me to put up some decoration too...and to start thinking about coming home for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...