Sunday, March 16, 2014

This and That

It has been a long, long winter - too long, in fact.  I have not enjoyed it at all.  I know - that is very negative - but it is true.  And if I am nothing else - I am truthful (often to a fault).
However, Spring will be upon us this coming Thursday and I am more than ready for it.  I have been very busy.  I have painted and rearranged my house.  The walls that were once Belgian Waffle are now  Woodlawn Blue and Shaker Beige.  I like these colors better - they are happy, calming and vintage.   I painted my ceilings too.  Everything is brighter.
And that makes me happy.
I have come to a conclusion - no matter where I go or what I do with my life, I am going to surround myself with things I love.  That means my animals - because they provide an unconditional love that you get no where else.


Flowers, coffee and good wine...
and cozy corners where I can mix up a batch of cookies or just sit and read, or knit and watch movies or enjoy a glass of wine...

These are the things that are important to me.  And if one wants to change anything, they must first begin with themselves.
Be true to yourself.
I'll end this post with a picture of a pileated woodpecker that was enjoying my crabapple tree tonight.
Nature - it's a wonderful thing.

2 comments:

  1. The house is looking springlike. I hope its representative of what really is coming in April! I'm stealing your wine idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should go looking for a clay pot (and some wine) when I come down!!!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...