Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Who Needs an Alarm Clock?

Who needs an alarm clock when you already have a couple of little white alarm clocks that are all about routine?  They're up at the crack of dawn reminding you that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and that proper nutrition is very, very important to one's overall health.
They are right there encouraging you to not only get out that door for your evening walk, but also encouraging you to pick up your pace and, therefore, increasing your heart's aerobic capacity.  Who cares if the temperatures are only in the teens?  Bundle up!!!  You burn more calories when it is cold anyway.
When they stop for potty breaks or run off after a squirrel, you get a chance to not only catch your breath, but also appreciate the beauty of a sunset.
Think about it.  Do you really need an alarm clock?  I don't.  My little alarm clocks not only tell me what time it is, but they also ensure that I have a good night's sleep. 
I'll take the sound of a cat purring and the sound of a little white dog's nails clipping as she races across the room to get to me over the ticktock of a clock any day.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if I can get away with not having an alarm clock...my dogs have taken after Mike and enjoy sleeping in. Love this post--kind of makes you think about getting back to basics. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...