Saturday, February 25, 2012

Decorating for Easter

This was the view from my kitchen window this morning...
Yeah, I know...
Enough is enough, already...
Doesn't Mother Nature know Spring and Easter will be here very shortly?  Well, she isn't acting like it, so I decided to take the matter into my own hands and bring spring inside.  Off I went.  I went straight out to the barn and traded out my red quilt for a cute pastel quilt that I bought a couple of years ago at my favorite second hand store for $4.00.  It is very spring like and I love it.
Once that was done, I switched my table cloth to something a bit more floral...
 
baked some homemade banana nut bread...
and put some lilies and painted eggs in my ironstone pitcher...
Look at the detail of the eggs.  Daisies, daffodils, clay pots, chicks and a purple bow tied at the base.  So, so pretty :) 
You knew the Easter Bunny had to be digging around somewhere didn't you?  Well, he is.  And, he's right here at my house!!!  I call him Peter, but don't tell anybody!!!  (Peter Cottontail to be exact)
He thinks my cling-on chicks and flowers are really cute...
I think they are really cute too.  However, it is the paper whites that I am forcing that keeps him most interested.  Because not only are they beautiful, but they smell absolutely heavenly.
Very soon (hopefully) we will be smelling flowers outside.  Until then, however, I will appreciate these.  Now, if you would, please excuse Peter and I - Peter wants to watch Miss Potter...
Google Image
Lucky for him...
I just happen to have it.
Have a wonderful night :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe the lilies are fake! Looks like you did indeed bring Spring inside :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...