Saturday, February 11, 2012

For the Love of a Dog

So I call my Mom this morning to check in, she informs me that my sister Brenda wants to talk to me.
I was like, "OK...  What's going on?"
Mom, "I'll let her talk to you."
She hands Brenda the phone.
"Hey Bren.  What's up?"
"Pepper hurt her leg terrible last night.  Not sure what's wrong, but I really need to take her to the vet and I was wondering if you could help me out."
Help her out?  Really?  I mean it's not like she even likes the dog...
She loves that dog with her whole heart.   Of course, I would help her.  
So I made the one hour drive to the vets in a snow storm.

It is the same veterinary clinic that my parents took our dogs to when I was little.  It serves a large farming community and is a really nice facility.
I actually find it comforting there.
 
Pepper Anne, unfortunately, often does not find it comforting and has to be muzzled :(  
However, today she was very well behaved.  Her leg was better, she had her ears checked (she has terrible, terrible food allergies that unfortunately affect her ears), got her shots, and went home with her happy Mom.  I would like to add that my sister's drive home takes less than 15 minutes!!!
I, however, had to drive another 60 minutes in white out conditions to reach my house...
Would I help her?  Really?  How could I not?
I kinda like the dog too :)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...