Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Orchid Show

Dave, my Mom, DJ and I went to the Annual Orchid Show at Sonnenberg Gardens this afternoon.  The flowers were spectacular and well worth the $5.00 admission fee.  The show ran for three days.  It ended today at 5:00 PM.
Let's go for a stroll through the greenhouses shall we.
The orchids come in so many different colors...
Purples...
This one was DJ's favorite...
Reds and oranges...
This was my favorite :)

Beautifully pure whites...


DJ and my Mom reading up on succulents...
 More beautiful orchids...
Such a wide variety...
 I thought this orchid was absolutely stunning.
 This one screams happiness and Spring to me :)

Stunning pink varieties...

Dave enjoying himself...
This statue looks like she is wearing a scarf made of orchids...
I want a scarf like that.
If you are ever in the area and the show is on, go.
You will be so glad you did. 
Have a great night :)

3 comments:

  1. My favorite is the same as yours. It looks like the sun in flower form. My other favorite is how happy everyone looks. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those orchids are gorgeous. What a treat to see such beauty.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...