Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring Forward

At the little red house in the big woods...
clocks have been turned ahead one hour bringing extra sunlight to the end of each day...
my crocuses are blooming...
the ice is off the upper pond...
I took the dogs for three walks today...
Well I took one of the dogs for three full walks; one sat and watched for part of the walk...
Any guess who?
That's not a cat either!!!
The woods are greening up...

Meanwhile, back at the house...
Oh, look who's back at the house!!!
Imagine that...
I took my curtains down and left up the valance.  I love just having my valance up, but during the winter it is just unrealistic - heat loss.  The view out that window is gorgeous.
Things are greening up on the inside of the house, too.  St. Patrick's Day is this Saturday you know.  And, I am a good Irish girl if nothing else.  There will be a boiled dinner and beer here come Saturday :)
Today, however, I made homemade white and sweet potato fries.  Dave brought home a roasted lime chicken from Wegmans.
The boys were home today.  Dave returned from a visit with his father in Pittsburgh and DJ has been house and pet sitting.  (DJ also played his first round of golf this year with one of his buddies.)  Thus, the red golf shirt.  Woot!  Woot!
Such is life in the little red house in the big woods this Spring Forward Sunday in March.
I hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
Have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks wonderful - the woods, the green shining through the leaves, the first flower, Deejster, even my little sassy lazy one, Violet!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...