Monday, August 20, 2012

A Busy Couple of Weeks

I have been an extremely busy girl this month.  In addition to going on a vacation to Cape Cod, I went to Toronto with my friend Melissa and watched the Toronto Blue Jays beat my beloved New York Yankees 10 - 7.
I am OK with it :)  Because you see, we had such a great time.  I renewed my passport and went on my very first bus trip.  I gotta tell you - I don't think you can beat em.  You get on the bus, relax and (in this case three and 1/2 hours later) you are there.  It's a good deal.  We had great seats on the third base line, and...
we got to see him too :)  That is Mr. Derek Jeter in case you are wondering :)  That boy is worth every penny he earns :)
I also went to the Wyoming County Fair with Dave where we saw many animals and hand crafted items, Dave enjoyed a beef on wick and I enjoyed a hot dog.  And for my very first time, I went through historical buildings that I did not even know were there.  New eyes I guess.  





We spent $7.00 that night ($5.00 for the beef on wick and $2.00 for the hot dog).  Money well spent on a truly old time fair.
I have walked faithfully every day (unless it has rained - which it has - and I am most thankful for :)
While walking on the trails through the woods, I have seen turkeys roosting in trees...  
and bucks watching me :)
Nearer to the house, sunflowers that Dave planted late this summer have bloomed and, I must say, I find them wonderful.

Cutting of the fire wood continues - Dave cuts it, DJ splits it and both stack it.
Meals are shared...

and life continues as summer fades into fall...
at the little red house in the 35 Acre Wood.
Have a great night :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this and wish I could have spent a bigger portion of my summer with you guys.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...