Monday, August 6, 2012

Have You Noticed It?

The days are getting shorter, there is a crispness in the air each morning, and light is shining just a little differently.  I notice this every August.
I noticed it this morning when I woke up to the birds chirping a little later than usual and when I took my dogs for their nightly walk and had to wear a sweatshirt.
I notice it on the trails I walk with the dogs...
 as they are lined with Queen Ann's Lace...
and fleabane... 
Wild thimble berries are ready to be picked.
I think I may make a crisp using them this weekend.
Look at how many shades of green there are...
I even saw a beehive.  I've walked these trails all summer long and never noticed it before tonight.   
We have even begun stacking wood. 
Before you know it, I am going to be getting out my knitting needles, making soup and grabbing books from the library.  But not before I put on my jacket and head out on the trails with my dogs.  Never.

1 comment:

  1. I have noticed it and I miss waking up in the sunlight. Your photos are beautiful. Missin' home.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...