Saturday, August 24, 2013

Today at the Little Red House in the Big Woods

After I finished mowing the lawn today, 
I decided to just sit for a few minutes and enjoy the sun with my friends..
Violet

Smudge
While watching Smudge's antics underneath my hosta plant, I looked up and saw a stick bug.
I see at least one each year, however, I have never, ever, ever seen one as big as this one was and I have never, ever, ever seen one eating as this one was.  
I'm not a wussy by any means, but I have to admit, it creeped me out.
For perspective, DJ placed his hand next to the stick bug!!!
So I moved on to my next project.  DJ and I made a sitting area above the lower pond.
We cleared out some brush, raked and placed a bench where we can enjoy the view.
It's not quite done yet - I want to cut couple of maples down.  
However, before we can proceed with that, we have to get the chain saw sharpened.   
Snoop
It's alright though, Snoop has given his approval.
That's enough for me :)
Enjoy your night.

1 comment:

  1. Home home HOME! Can I take a long weekend and just go home?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...