Sunday, August 29, 2010

As Summer Winds Into Fall

Last night as we drove home from dropping off our daughter at college, I really noticed how the colors of fall are beginning to show themselves. 
The days are getting shorter, the nights cooler, and everything seems to have a golden tint to it. 
As we drove by a nearby farm, I decided to pull over take a few pictures for you to enjoy.
Can you see the golden hues?
Aren't they beautiful?
Made me want to get out a few of my fall decorations (which I did). 
I bought this attractive couple at my very favorite thrift store for $2.00. 
They put a smile on my face.
They also made to want to take advantage of the end of summer bounty (which we did).
My mother, sister, and nephew came over and we feasted on a wonderful end of the summer harvest, which was followed by a nice long walk :)
The recipe for the zucchini casserole can be found here.  I had never made it before, but it was delicious.  Funny thing is the recipe was submitted by Brenda Z which is also my sister's name :)
I said it was a sign.
We had to try it. 
So glad we did.
I hope your Sunday was filled with joy and you enjoyed this slice of summer winding into fall.
Very soon, some items will be turning a vibrant orange...
I can't wait for that either :)
Have a great night.

3 comments:

  1. Everything looks delicioussss--first meal at naz: tuna melt and fresh tossed salad :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely sounds delicioussss :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and good song choice by the way [=

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...