Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Shower for Shannon :)

Sunday we hosted a bridal shower for my daughter's best friend Shannon. 
And, because we love Shannon, we went all out.  We spent two days cleaning out our barn, decorating, baking, and preparing food for this event.  If I do say so myself, I think it turned out splendidly. 
The afternoon began with a torrential downpour which, I won't lie, had me worried.
However, we had the umbrellas ready.
We made sure the lighting was just right, put fresh flowers on the table (thank you Aldi's),
placed straws in pint jars which we filled with punch...
hung my Mary Engelbreit paper lanterns that I purchased on sale at Michaels...
and let the festivities begin :)
The sun even came out!!!
We served the food home style (it was delish), chatted...
played games and laughed...
and celebrated the day happily with the lovely bride to be...
her adorable bride's maids...
and wonderful friends and family that came to congratulate Shannon and Kevin...
I hope you enjoyed it was much as we did.
We'll see you two on September 12th :)
Congratulations!!!

1 comment:

  1. love them both ♥
    thanks for helping out with the party, mom!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...