Sunday, August 15, 2010

Haste Makes Waste

Or hidden blessings.  You decide.
In preparation for the bridal shower that I am holding for my daughter's best friend, I washed the curtains in my house.  Washed them, took them out of the dryer, got the curtain rod, put the curtains on the rod, and because Dave was outside, DJ was sleeping, and Nana was working, I decided to hang the rod myself. 
Bad idea.
I broke one of dishes that I have above the sink. 
Was I mad?  Yes. 
Did it matter?  No.
So I got over it.  Went on with my business and continued to clean.  Dave went to our storage unit, and came back with a plate that my mother had given me when Dave and I were first married.  I loved it.  I thought it was lost.  It was just misplaced.  Or maybe it was placed there just for this moment when I needed it most.  The words on it are very appropriate.  They are that of An Old Irish Blessing.
I hope the sun shines down upon your face today :)
Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Things work out =] The umbrella that you two got married under (something I've never seen before) worked out great too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...