Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Homemade Applesauce

Other than my oyster dressing, there is nothing I enjoy more at Thanksgiving than homemade applesauce.  It is so easy to make and I love the way the house smells when I make it.  You begin with a cornucopia of apples.  It doesn't matter what variety you choose.  I used several different varieties this time and I cut and peeled as many as I wanted (pretty much until my hand began to hurt :)
I placed the apples in my favorite cooking pot and added just enough water (about a cup and a half), placed the cover on top and turned the burner on to simmer...
And in approximately 30 minutes the apples had cooked down (turned soft).
I removed the warm applesauce from the pot, placed in a glass bowl and added New York maple syrup and cinnamon to taste...
The end result is below...
Homemade applesauce with just the right amount of chunky apples, maple syrup and cinnamon.
Pure heaven.
Homemade is better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...