Sunday, November 13, 2011

Yankee Pot Roast

I forgot to mention that while we were enjoying our road trip to Auburn on Friday, I had a chuck roast in the crockpot all day long (7:30 AM - 5:30 PM to be exact).  I found a recipe for Yankee Pot Roast in the November edition of FAMILY CIRCLE.  It looked too good not to try.  Let me tell you, it was well worth the effort.  I have posted the recipe under my recipe tab above.
When we left the house, this is what the meal looked like...
We returned home to a roaring fire (thank you DJ), the wonderful aroma of a slow cooked pot roast and the sight of this...
Mouth Watering Chuck Roast

Tasty Vegetables
The men of the house gave it a big thumbs up!!!
However, don't plan on going out after you eat it.  You are going to want to put your pajamas on (hey, it's dark at 5:00 anyway), sit down, watch a little TV, read and enjoy the rest of your night.  That is unless you fall asleep :)
I hope you give the recipe a try.
It's a winner.
Have a great day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yum..I don't even eat beef, but that looks delicious! And I hear ya about the 5pm sunset and the need for pjs!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...