Saturday, November 12, 2011

Road Trip - Cayuga County

Yesterday, Dave and I took a road trip to Auburn.  I wanted to see the Quilts =Art=Quilts exhibit at the Schweinfurth Memorial Art Center.  Do not think I am quilter - I am not.  However, I do love quilts and when an opportunity to view some presents itself, I go.  Usually, I go with my Mom or daughter - this time Dave was the lucky fellow :)  I could not take pictures, but if you click on the link above, you get the idea.  The quilts were more of an artistic impression than traditional quilts and were both very, very creative and beautiful.
We ate lunch at Bambino's Bistro.  I cannot say enough nice things about it.  The food, the atmosphere and the staff were all wonderful.  I forgot the camera in the truck, so no pictures here either.  If you get a chance, go there - it's good.
And, since we were in the Finger Lakes region and, it is wine country, we had to hit at least one winery.  So we hit two!!!
Our favorite (this trip) was Sheldrake Point Vineyard & Cafe.  It is absolutely beautiful.  The winery and cafe overlook Cayuga Lake and the wine they create is exquisite.
Is this not the most adorable winery ever?
And I ask you, "Does this guy not look like one happy camper?"
"Yes, I am a Happy Camper!!!"
It is an award winning winery...
and a very tasteful winery at that.
And yes, I do mean both literally and figuratively :)

So tasteful, in fact, that we ended up purchasing two bottles of wine - a Cabernet Franc for Dave and a Cabernet Franc Ice Wine for me...
We will be sharing these with those that we love during the upcoming holiday season.  With that being said, may it be known that the holiday season cannot come to my house fast enough :)
If you get a chance to explore the Finger Lakes, make sure you go to these places.
You won't regret it.
Have a great day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great day..excited to do our roadtrip to Ithaca!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...