Saturday, July 10, 2010

Finger Lakes Goodness

My sister is coming to my house tomorrow and she is bringing some special guests with her - her best friend and her best friend's daughter; all the way from San Antonio,Texas.  I will be preparing a scrumptious meal for them and it will be prepared with locally grown fruits and vegetables produced right here in the Finger Lakes. 
Where did I purchase said fruits and vegetables? 
Why at the Canandaigua Farm Market. 
Located in the pavilion on Mill Street, it is a wonderful market filled with a variety of seasonal items
- all very reasonably priced. 
I was greeted by Abby. 
Hello Abby Girl. 
I call her Abby Girl...
There is an assortment of flowers (I bought gladiolas)...
Fruits and vegetables (I bought Yukon gold potatoes and green beans)...
Wine (I bought Sweet Gus - he reminds of Snoop, what can I say)...
And locally produced honey...
I did not get a picture of the jams (I purchased a pepper jam that I will be putting over a block of cream cheese for an appetizer - SO GOOD - trust me) and baked products, but there were many. 
If you get a chance, check out your local farm market, I think you'll like it:)
Now I have to start getting ready for tomorrow. 
Have a great day :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great trip to the market--fresh produce definitely proved delicious in tonight's dinner :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...