Friday, July 16, 2010

TV Dinner Trays

When I was a little girl, my parents would take me over to my Aunt Corky and Uncle Shorty's house.
I loved it.  We all loved it.
They lived on a farm with cows, lambs in the spring, a great big St. Bernard, horses, and fish.
They had a wonderful fish tank inside and  Aunt Corky created a gold fish pond outside.
We jumped up and down on an old mattress that hid behind a piano, dressed up barbie dolls with clothes that our cousins sewed themselves, and marveled at the jewelry box that had a dancing ballerina in it.
We also got to eat in front of the TV on TV dinner trays. 
That was a big deal.
My Uncle Shorty died Wednesday night.  He was 89 years old.
I went to a  yard sale today and bought a TV dinner tray.
I  went to work, came home, ordered a fish fry, and let DJ enjoy the TV dinner tray.
Good bye Uncle Shorty. 
Thank you for the wonderful memories.

1 comment:

  1. ...and let Alexandra steal some mashed potatoes and fish ;)

    That is the first time I heard of their St. Bernard and Goldfish Pond. He sure sounds like a true outdoorsman, if I ever did hear of one. May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...