Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It Is HOT, HOT, HOT!!!

It has been in the 90s for the past several days and will continue to be in the 90s until the end of the week.  However, it is also squash season and even though we do not have any air conditioning here at the house, I still need to cook supper.  So you do what any good daughter of Mary would do...
You get in that kitchen and fry up some yellow squash...
That's right, you get your house even warmer :)
Thank goodness for cross ventilation and being surrounded by trees.
I love photosynthesis ;)
I feel like I can breath...
Aren't they pretty?
All yellow, round, and uniform...
I coated them with flour, salt, and pepper, and then fried them in olive oil while listening to an NPR segment on Conflict Kitchen.
Not Crisco, Ma!!!
Appropriate you say? 
Couldn't agree more :)
A picture of the final product...
Delicious!!!
No conflict there.
We had BLTs, too.
However, they were gone before I could get a photo.
Tomorrow, ratatouille for our friends from France :)
Hope you are staying cool wherever you are.

3 comments:

  1. I do believe that is a good idea to recreate the round and uniform yellow circles sometime again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about round, uniform green circles? Or should I make chocolate zucchini bread? Decisions, decisions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how about brown ones, as in pancakes...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...