Sunday, January 29, 2012

Swans

I gave in on Thursday.  I hate to give in.  However, the sore throat from hell was back.  So I conceded and went to the doctor's office.  I was diagnosed with acute pharyngitis and prescribed prednisone.  Currently, I am in what I refer to as a state of prednisone induced mania.  After an unbelievable redness on my face and neck subsided Saturday morning, I went straight to manic phase.  I have gone, done and seen a lot.  In a very short period of time. 
I got my glasses fixed (broke them Friday morning), worked out on my elliptical, walked the dogs several times each day, walked to the airplane field twice (came back and took a nap each time) and then decided I needed to do more.  I decided I would go down to the Lake.  I am so glad I did. 
It calmed me down. 
Even the ride there was relaxing. 
I saw a little girl horseback riding.
 The lake is beautiful...
And so were these two right here...
I am pretty sure they are trumpeter swans...
They are big. 
Here they are cleaning themselves...
This one was off by his/herself... 
I think it is a mute swan given the fact that he has an orange beak.
He/she was even bigger than the other two.
I sat right down on the beach and watched them for about a half hour.
They were so peaceful.
And it relaxed me.
It was just what the Doctor ordered.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...