Sunday, January 8, 2012

Warm and Cozy

It has been a busy weekend here.  On both Friday and Saturday night, I went to the movies with some of my friends.  I watched The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo  (for the second time) on Friday and Breaking Dawn (also for the second time) on Saturday.  Both movies are worthy of a second look.  However, it should be noted that I much prefer the character of Edward Cullen in Breaking Dawn to the character of Mikael Blomkvist in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.  I am sure you'll understand why- the guy in the blue - just look at him :)  Any questions?  Didn't think so...
While I was enjoying the movies on Friday, Dave and DJ put up new curtain rods for me.  Why?  Because I got new curtains!!!  They are from Country Curtains, made in the USA and I love them.  Just look at them - all red and white buffalo checked.  I know that material items should not make you happy, but I swear these are smiling at me :)
See my new 5 x 7 rug?  DJ bought it for me.  I love it!!!  Thank you DJ :)
They went up Saturday as did the new flag (also made in the USA) that Dave purchased locally on Saturday.  Ever since 911 we have had a flag up.  We hang it from a pole that is attached to a tree in our yard.  It greets us each day and reminds us that we are part of something bigger.
I thanked my boys by preparing finger food for Saturday night's football games.  You didn't think they were sitting home feeling sorry for themselves because I wasn't around did you?  No, not those boys.  More of their friends came over and hooted and hollered the night away ;)  There was probably some tooting going on too - if you know what I mean ;)
Today I am staying home, watching more wild card games with the boys, reading, walking with my puppies (I already went for one walk) and enjoying roasted vegetables while the boys will enjoy the shredded beef I am preparing for them in the crockpot.
Now, if you will please excuse me, I have two furry friends that just heard me say the word walk.
You know what that means, right?
That means that I am going for another walk.
Have a great day!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...