Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Preparing For Easter Brunch

I will be having my family over this weekend for an Easter brunch.  Usually, we have a dinner (either at my sister's house or here).  However, this year we all wanted to do something a little different.  Brunch seems like an ideal solution.  However, we don't really want to pay the extra money for a restaurant and it's just nice to have it in a home.  So our home is it.  We will have the meal at 11:00 AM and then the rest of the day we can do as we please.  (An Easter hike is my preference). 
My favorite thing about having a brunch is the fact that I can prepare all of the food the day before and just heat in the oven right before my family arrives.  In case you are wondering what our brunch will consist of, wonder no more.  The following items will be made available to the special guests (that would be my family) that will be honoring me with their presence:

beverages will include, but not be limited to:  coffee, tea, juice
ham
asparagus
ham and cheese breakfast casserole
polenta and vegetable bake
fruit salad
strawberry-rhubarb crisp
home fries
banana nut bread and blueberry muffins
poached eggs 

Sounds delicious, doesn't it?  I think it does and I am excited to prepare it.  In fact, I think I am going to make the banana nut bread tonight and put it in the freezer until Saturday night.  One item off my to do list, nine more to go :)  Better get going.
Have a great night.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds delicious enough and nice enough that I wish I was going to be home for it!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...