Saturday, April 28, 2012

Saturday Snippets

After a sleepless night, I received wonderful news this morning.  My cat, Stripes, is recovering from a blocked urinary track.  Dave found him almost dead yesterday morning, rushed him to the vets where they informed him that Stripes had no kidney function and his temperature wasn't even registering on the thermometer.  His body was shutting down.  We had two options - euthanasia or insertion of a catheter to remove blockage and help him pass urine.  We chose the latter.  We love that cat.  I am so, so glad we did.  It was really iffy.  However, by this morning, he had eaten all his food and was meowing, purring and rolling on his back for attention.
Per my veterinarian, Stripes is recovering, "better than I ever expected."
Made my day a little sweeter.  
That's my compost pile that Violet is standing next to.

Even the little bit of snow that was left from Monday's Nor' Easter didn't bother me.
It was gone by the end of the day anyway...
Besides we need to replenish our water supply...
And the creeks are so pretty because of it...



 
 The boys staked my crab apple tree and it is standing straighter and taller than it ever has...
The sun was shining brightly which totally effects my mood (in a good way :)...
We attended my nephew Daniel's track and field invitational...


He did not place, but that's OK.  At least, he was invited.
At the end of the day, I returned home, sat on settee that I just purchased and reflected on the day.
And, then I said to myself, "Damn, I hope I sleep well tonight!!!"
Have a good one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...