Monday, October 12, 2009

Before and After

A couple of weeks ago, I bought this table at my favorite thrift store. Not the most attractive piece of furniture I had ever bought, but still not bad for $20. You see, I had plans for it.

I had been wanting to redo my laundry/side entrance to my house for awhile. I thought it would be nice to walk into the house and see a nice table decorated with seasonal items. I was so sick of looking at this...

That is Violet's crate topped with our laundry basket of whites. Hanging from the mirrow was my purse and a tote bag containing plastic bags we recycle. Directly in front of that is the entry door which was painted an ugly green.
No more!!!
What once was clustered and uninviting is now warm and welcoming.
The door has been painted black. I replaced the hardware on the table, painted it black, and it now displays some of my seasonal decorations. The table also houses my grooming tools for the dogs and plastic bags. Eventually the other two drawers will hold our winter hats and mittens.
Check it out...



I love it!! And please do not worry about Violet being evicted from her home. She has set up residence just a little down the road :) She seems to be adjusting quite well!!!

It is when you think outside of the box or view something from another angle that you have the most rewarding experiences.
Have a good day :)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...