Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Halloween Story

Once upon a time a long, long time ago, there was a little princess...

and a little batman...

who went out trick or treating.
The little princess and batman were very well behaved, adorable children. They were also very independent. They wanted to go to each house by themselves, smile, say trick or treat and come running back to the car to show me what candy they received. They were very successful in their adventures.
However, there was one Halloween that batman, the little princess, and I got more than we hoped for.
The little princess and batman ran to the next house on our route. We live in the country so we go to houses in the country. As an aside, going to homes in the country for Halloween candy is like hitting the mother load. It was no different this time - lots of candy.
Anyway, the little princess ran head held high, smiling back to the car. Her bag was open, ready to show me what she got, ready to go the next house.
Batman, however, ran fullsteam ahead, looking into his bag, admiring all his candy, smiling all the way until...
he fell in the ditch. Couldn't see him at all!!! Ditch was just as deep as he was tall.
What did I do?
What would any good mother do?
I went to the ditch and helped him out (after I sat in the car for a couple of minutes and laughed my ass off :)
God I love those two characters!!!
Happy Halloween!!!

1 comment:

  1. I just told this story to my friends yesterday!
    poor old batman :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...