Sunday, November 22, 2009

Banana Nut Bread to Die For

As promised, here is a picture of the banana bread I made yesterday...

Here is the recipe:

Preheat oven to 325.

In a large mixing bowl combine:

1 1/2 cups sugar

2 ripe bananas (the darker the better)

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon buttermilk

1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix thoroughly.

In a separate bowl, combine the following dry ingredients:

1 3/4 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Add dry ingredients to wet ingredient and mix thoroughly. Pour into a greased and floured bread pan and bake at 325 for approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes. (You may want to check after one hour depending on your oven).

Remove from oven, cool, slice, grab a cup of coffee and enjoy :)

Here is a picture of some roses I picked up today while grocery shopping. I really enjoy fresh flowers. I hope you enjoy them too.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I should just make this for my family and make use of all the ripe bananas in Dakar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yuck, i don't like that new picture of me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...