Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkey Day

I like Thanksgiving more and more each year. Probably because I am getting older. I like the routine of it. Ever since I was a little girl, I have watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade from New York City. I love it. I love the ballons, the people, the floats, the singers, the energy associated with it.



I can't just sit down and watch it though; I have to multi-task. I made applesauce in my crockpot. Great idea by the way. By the time the meal is ready to be served, the applesauce is ready to eat.



I made a pumpkin pie...


DJ helped make the stuffing.


Dave stuffed the turkey and put it in the oven by 12:00 PM.

I do not do much between 12:00 and 2:00. I can't. I have to watch the National Dog Show. And don't talk to me either :) I have to focus. Sadie the Scottish Terrier won her 100th best in show title!!!


Big surprise there, Mom!!!


My Mom, sister, and nephew Daniel came over at 3:30. We nibbled on cheese, drank a little wine...


and before you knew it the turkey was done...
Dave did a great job, I must admit.


We sat down at approximately 5:00 and feasted for approximately 30 minutes.


Then we cleaned up for another 30 minutes, ate pie, and everyone was tired. Brenda, Mom, and Daniel left by 6:15. Dave fell asleep and DJ watched football. Doesn't really change that much year to year. Only kids get bigger and don't like getting their pictures taken :( They're still cute though and I still enjoy my day. (Because I know they really enjoy it, too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...