Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Columbus Day Hike - Canadice Lake

While on the phone recently with my lovely daughter, she told me about a hike she went on with a few of her friends.
"I hiked up a mountain!!!" she said.
The excitement in her voice was very apparent. 
I, however, remember a period when my children were little and hiking was the last thing they wanted to do.
"We don't wanna go!!!" they would cry.  It was like pulling teeth to get them to go.
Now, they enjoy it.
Funny how things come full circle. 
Speaking of circles, I hiked around Canadice Lake yesterday morning.  That would be eight miles.
As you can see from the pictures, it is eight miles of exquisite beauty.  I hope you enjoy the hike.

Go explore nature. 
Nature is full of genius, full of the divinity; so that not a snowflake escapes its fashioning hand. - Henry David Thoreau
You will not be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. 15 days until I can experience this for myself! Beautiful beautiful photos, Mom.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...