Friday, October 28, 2011

First Snowfall

My daughter is home from the South for a few days.  I thought she might bring some warm weather with her.  No such luck.  Instead, we have had our first snowfall of the year.  
The snow began to fall yesterday afternoon as we were driving to her best friend's house.  It was even a little foggy.  I thought to myself, "I do not like winter."  However, during the drive, we had wonderful conversations about the new people she met on her flight home, her friend's new home, and meals we would have together.  And, then she said to me, "Don't you just love life Mom?"
And, I replied, "I do."  I am so appreciative of a daughter that delights in new experiences, finds beauty in light shining through snow covered leaves, and I feel lucky that she chooses to share these thoughts with me.  She is definitely a glass half full kind of girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...